Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Having a Play with New Therm O Web Stencils and Gina K Designs Butterfly Kisses


Yesterday I shared a new YouTube video where I made a card and gift box with Therm O Web's Clear Designer Toner Sheets with both the positive and negative views of a floral acetate toner sheet. There were a few items in the CHA release from Therm O Web and Gina K Designs I did not receive in my initial order and now that I have remedied that, I had a fun play this week with them. Gina K Designs and Therm O Web released gorgeous Butterfly Kisses stamps, dies and Foil-Mates, and Deco Foil also released a whole new line of stencils! (All the links are at the end of this blog post.)

I love butterflies and check out the shine in these:

Still photography just does not do foiled images justice, but believe me the butterflies just shine. I stamped them over the matching foil-mate, ran them through a hot laminator with either Twinkling Pink or Dazzling Orange Fancy Foils and cut them out with the matching Butterfly Kisses dies. 

The swirly foiled background was created with Deco Foil's Clear Toner Sheets (a thicker heat resistant acetate), the new Swirls Designer Stencil and Transfer Gel. I applied the transfer gel with a plastic knife through the stencil onto the clear toner sheet and let it dry until clear. Then I cut the piece in half and covered each half with pink or orange fancy foils and ran it through a hot laminator. I attached the pretty foiled swirls onto a white card base and added the foiled butterflies and the "warm wishes" sentiment. 

I wondered what it would look like to layer the two colored stenciled patterns on top of each other and that is how I made this colorful shaker card. Using a pink swirls and an orange pinwheels pattern created with Deco Foil stencils, the transfer gel and fancy foils, I created two pretty acetate pieces, layered them together and used it as a window to my shaker card. The butterflies were created with the leftover pieces of foil from the original Butterflies Kisses run through my laminator with black toner sheets and die cut with the matching dies. Inside the shaker are more punched sparkly butterflies, bright pink beads and Doodles Paper Playground Sparkle Blends sequin mixes (Orange You Glad and All That Glitters.) Here is another look at the shaker card all shook up:


I was having so much fun playing with the Therm O Web stencils that I couldn't stop here, so be sure to come back later this week for two more blog posts and more fun cards!

Products used in these two cards:
Therm O Web Stencils (Swirls and Pinwheels)
Therm O Web Clear Toner Sheets
Deco Foil Transfer Gel
Gina K/TOW Fancy Foils (Twinkling Pink and Dazzling Orange)
Gina K/TOW Butterfly Kisses Stamps, Dies & Foil-mates
Deco Foil Toner Sheets
DPP Sparkle Blends Orange You Glad & All That Glitters Sequins

2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very beautiful as always Karen. I love the stenciled look and those butterflies. I have yet to play with my new butterflies foiling goodies as I am trying to get the Easter cards done first. Then I hope to treat myself a bit but not sure due to other commitments now.

Denise Bryant said...

Love the butterflies! I have some of the Therm-o-Web foils but haven't even tried them yet! I used foils many years ago.... remember all those little rolls we had available, a little more than an inch wide? Can't recall the brand now, but I still have some of those!