Thursday, October 22, 2020

Bonus Video - Melting Magic With Super Thick and Embossing Powder Mixes


One of the few perks of 2020 is all the extra time I have play with cardmaking ideas and as a result, I have extra videos and cards to share with you. I love to experiment with embossing powder techniques and in my newest video, I share the melting magic of super thick embossing powders as well as mixes of different types of embossing powders on sticky sheets and strips. 


How do you think I achieved that awesome mix of black and white and texture on this cute Scottie dog (cut with a die from Tonic Studios)? It was easy with Super Thick Dalmatian Embossing Powder from Glitters Galore heat set on sticky two sided sheets from Sookwang as I show in the video. The stamps on this card are from Gina Marie Designs.


The flowers and the little square embellishments on this slimline card were created with Checkers Super Thick Embossing Powder on flowers die cut with Altenew dies on sticky two sided sheets. I added some leafy flourishes and a sentiment strip from Simon Says Stamp.


Sookwang strips also work well for backgrounds with a mix of the super thick embossing powders as I show on this birthday card. I also like adding specialty embossing embossing powders from Stampendous on the side of dies like I did on the butterfly.



This is the card I show how to make in the video because it shows all the techniques and ideas of mixing super thick embossing powders and adding specialty powders in a fun easel card format. The brown card base was die cut with a debossed leaf die from Memory Box. The bucket is a combination of super thick embossing powders as I show in the video and was cut with a die from Tonic Studios. Each flower is a different mix of super thick and specialty embossing powders as is the strip along the bottom that holds up the easel. Here are a few more pictures:



The gold centers of the flowers and the square embellishment on the inside of the card were made with thick embossing powders melted on sticky circles and squares designed to raise our elements and is just one of the many tips I share in this bonus video.

I am entering the last card in the Layer it Up challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday.

No comments: