Monday, October 12, 2020

Video - Cardmaking - Stamping With Stencils and (Almost) No Dies


My newest video is full of cards I made with a technique I just don't do all that much anymore - stamping! I admit I am die cut crazy but felt the need to get back to my roots - cardmaking with stamps. 



This is the card I show how to make in the video. Isn't that Old World Door gorgeous! It is made with a layered stamp set from Kitchen Sink Stamps - no shading or coloring, just stamps! I started with a beautiful paper from Divinity Stamps and stamped the tree and sentiment from Penny Black. As I show in the video, the door is a series of browns and black ink to create that dimensional realistic door. The front of the card was cut down to about half way and stenciled with a brick wall stencil from Honey Bee Stamps.


This card combines my current favorite card layout (slimline) with creating a background with stamps and paper piecing. I do not color but I am fine with fussy cutting and paper piecing and I love the look of the patterned paper on the stars and Julie Nutting's Toby. The background is a combination of Taylored Expressions and Lil' Inker sentiments.


This card was created with two Pinkfresh Studios background stamps. 

Do you mostly stamp on your cards or use die cuts, stencils and other products on your cards nowadays? To see all the new stamped cards and how I made the first one, please watch the new video here.






2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

All are wonderful. Great designs.

Jane Luxem said...

Love your welcome home card! Love the colors.