Monday, October 19, 2020

Video - Iridescent, Pearlescent and Mirror Cards Embossed for Gorgeous Texture


Tonic Studio's Iridescent, Pearlescent and Mirror cardstock is just beautiful and when you add texture with embossing folders, they make our cards even more gorgeous as I show in my newest video. Here is a favorite of the many cards I created for the video: 


I embossed Tonic Studios Firestone Red Iridescent cardstock with a new 3D poinsettia embossing folder from Creative Expressions, added a Cheery Lynn poinsettia with leaves from Spellbinders and a sentiment strip from Taylored Expressions.


I saw this card sketch idea on Pinterest from this blogpost and I cased it but the blogger admitted she also cased (copy and selectively edit) from another card maker so I don't know whose original idea it was. I used 6 colors of Tonic's Pearlescent cardstock on my and embossed it all with a Sizzix embossing folder. "Blessings" is also a die from Tonic Studios.

I love both these cards but in my videos, I always try to teach something new, so I created the card below which shows a version of the sketch above showing you don't have to use circle dies, and also how to extend a regular size embossing folder to create a slimline card (my current favorite card layout.) 


I used Tonic's mirror card for the stitched curved squares (dies from My Favorite Things), and show how I used templates to cut them easily in half. After attaching them, I embossed the card front with an embossing folder from Creative Expressions. I die cut the sentiment from Kat Scrappiness out of white with iCraft Easy Cut Adhesive from Therm O Web on the back, and added some yellow ink on the bottom to make it stand out a bit more before attaching with some yellow gems from Gina Marie Designs.

I hope you check out the many cards for all seasons with this lovely specialty paper from Tonic Studios in my newest video here.

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Absolutely gorgeous designs.