Monday, October 26, 2020

Video - Simply Made Pinwheel Cards For All Reasons and Seasons


I have always liked the look of pinwheel cards but thought they looked too difficult to make until recently when I found the Pinwheel Card Die Set by Helen Griffin for Simply Made Crafts. In my newest video here, I show how easy it is to make a unique pinwheel card with this die set and a bunch of pinwheel cards I made for the holidays and for other seasons.


This is the card I made in the video, although with different papers. I loved the idea from Jennifer McGuire's recent video where she showed how to attach ornaments to a belly band that the recipient can take off and hang on their trees or in their home. I incorporated that idea into the pinwheel card which I show how to make in the video. 

Here is a look at the inside of this card as well as the ornament I made with the layered Radiant Ornament dies from Birch Press Designs. 


I don't own a lot of two sided designer paper (light weight works the best.) So I attached Memory Box's Woodland Watercolor Sprigs wide washi tape to the back of a plaid paper and then cut out the Pinwheel Card die. Wide washi tape like this one looks totally different depending on what cardstock you attach it to. So the belly band is the same wide washi tape over green cardstock and the flaps and inside (below) were created with the wide washi tape over white cardstock. 

I created a Christmas mug with a Gina Marie Designs die and cut out the center to create a shaker with Maker Forte's candy canes and chocolate and other candies as well as some beads. "For You" is a die from Crealies. Here is a look at the inside where I made a pocket  for a gift card and the pretty paper is Memory Box wide washi tape on the white back of the plaid paper. 


I had so much fun creating pinwheel cards so easily with the Simply Made Crafts Pinwheel Card Die set for this video and hope my cards and the new video here encourage you to give these a try!
 
I am entering the 2nd card in the Layer It Up challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

1 comment: