Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Double Stenciling with ARTplorations Slimline Stencils


I have a subscription for slimline stencils from ARTplorations (a division of STAMPlorations) where I get 3 brand new slimline stencils for only $18.00 on a regular basis. You can choose monthly, bi-monthly or quarterly and it is such a great deal! I hadn't had a chance lately to design with my new slimline stencils, so I took a day to play and created these cards all with double stenciling ideas. The "Trees" slimline stencil from ARTplorations is one of my favorites and I first brushed on brown distress ink, then moved the stencil over and added Therm O Web Deco Foil Aged Copper Metallix for this textured look. The sentiment was created with dies from Karen Burniston.


Here is another slimline card I created with double stenciling and a pretty slimline stencil called Bloom Sprinkles. I first brushed on Mahogany Distress Ink and then added Gina K Designs Glitz Glitter Gel for this pretty sparkly look. I die cut out the shadow of the Hello die (also from Gina K Designs), raised it up on fun foam and placed back into the card front for the eclipse look and then glued on the "hello" sentiment. 



Of course we don't have to make slimline cards with slimline stencils. The A2 card above was created with inked double stenciling on the cardstock that I cut out with new Tim Holtz Leaf Fragments dies. The background die is from Taylored Expressions and the sentiment die is from Gina K Designs.

I used the same slimline stencils on both of these cards (Whimsy Leaves and Leaves All Over.) On the mini-slimline card, I brushed on orange, yellow and red inks first and then sprayed on a Nuvo gold spray for the second layer. 


I used Cosmic Shimmer Airless Misters in two colors and two ARTplorations slimline stencils to make this fun colorful card. I cut out the front and the inside with stitched slimline dies from Kat Scrappiness.

I think cutting out shapes with stitched dies adds so much interest to our cards and the wonky stitched dies are my favorite. You will see me using Kat Scrappiness dies more and more now as I am now proud to be an Influencer for them. I also like to use scraps from whatever I am working on both on the inside with these strips and on the front with the punched butterflies. 

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful designs with stencils.