Monday, October 4, 2021

Video - Christmas Card Countdown - Sweet Poppy Stencils Easy Gorgeous Cards


The Sweet Poppy Stencils Snowflake Flourish Bauble brass stencil has been on my wish list for a year and I finally found it in stock at the US based Del Bello's Designs and bought it immediately along with the matching die. I had so much fun creating many cards with it and of course made a video to share with you. This is the card I make step by step in the new video: 


As you can see from the cards below, this brass stencil makes gorgeous easy cards simply by brushing on ink though it and then stamping a scene inside it. But I like to try other ideas to stretch my supplies so on this card I brushed on two colors of purple ink through the Snowflake Flourish Bauble brass stencil from Sweet Poppy Stencils onto a gold dotted patterned paper. Then I die cut out the center of the ornament and attached that circle onto the card front of a 5 x 7 purple card. I raised the rest of the ornament card front with Motion Crafts skinny foam strips and created a well for glass glitter and gold beads under a layer of acetate for the shaker. The rub-on sentiment is from Stamplorations. You can see how easy this lovely shaker card was to make in the new video here.


This card was easily made by simply brushing on several colors of blue distress ink through the brass stencil onto a white A2 card base and then stamping an older Stampin' up cabin scene stamp inside.

On this card I simply brushed on blue, red and green inks through the brass stencil and then die cut with the matching die. I stamped some older Christmas scenery stamps inside and raised the piece over a card front debossed with a Memory Box Pinpoint Snowflake plate. 

I love how these cards turn out and hope they inspire you to watch the video here and give some of the ideas and products a try! 

I am entering the first card in the Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday.

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the Christmas ornament cards!