Monday, October 25, 2021

Video - Christmas Card Countdown - Easy Holiday Shaker Cards



I love to make shaker cards and in my newest video in my Christmas Card Countdown series, I share how to make easy shaker cards like this gorgeous card:


I started with a lovely Pine Frame die from W Plus 9. I die cut out the center oval with a Kat Scrappiness Stitched Oval die and raised that up over a Clear Views transparency picture. I used glass glitter for a snowy shaker effect. 


But an even easier way to make shaker cards is to use a new product from Tonic Studios called Shaker Pockets as I show in the new video. I made this slimline card in just minutes with a snowman border die from Creative Expressions, some snowflake sequins, a sentiment strip from Simon Says Stamp and a slimline shaker pocket from Tonic Studios.


This is the easy shaker card I show how to make in the new video with an A2 shaker pocket. I started with a light blue cardstock cut just slightly less than 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches and embossed on the desert "sand" with sand embossing powders. The cute little Christmas Cactus stamps are from Impression Obsession. The glitter musical notes were made with dies from Dies...to Die For. After the card front was done, all I needed to do was slide it into the Tonic Studios A2 shaker pocket, fold the sides in and dump in some red and green sequins and seed beads. Here is a look at this card "all shook up": 


Do you know anyone living in Arizona or a snowbird who spends Christmas there? If so they would love this card as I know my sister will. I hope my video and these cards inspire you to give some of these ideas and products a try! 

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful shaker designs for holiday giving!