Thursday, May 31, 2012

Beautiful Days Blog Hop!


I am so excited today to be sharing some cards made with the new Beautiful Days set of lovely stamps from Repeat Impressions. We are having a blog hop to introduce you to these beautiful stamps and if you visit each blog and collect their special letter, you can Win the entire set of stamps!

After you collect all the letters you need to form the correct word, email it to Wendy at wendy@repeatimpressions.com before 5 p.m. Sunday June 3rd to be eligible to win the Whole set of stamps! WoW! Here is a link where you can see the Whole set. You can purchase them individually or as a set on unmounted rubber.

Here are the blogs you should visit to collect the letters and to see the aWesome cards made with the Beautiful Days set.







My first card features the Daisies and Butterfly stamp. I just love how the Whole set of stamps have a framed image with part of the scene outside of the frame. I colored the Whole scene, then cut the front of the card apart and attached again using acetate on the back. I stamped the butterfly again and attached with mounting tape to raise, then added some gems to finish the card.

My second card shows off the gorgus Water Lilies and Dragonflies stamp, and the Beautiful Days sentiment which I just love. You could use this sentiment for a Wedding card, a graduation card or any card for a special person. I stamped the Water Lilies and Dragonflies on aqua colored velum and cut out with a fancy Nesties circle diecut. I colored from behind and stamped, cut out, colored and attached an extra dragonfly and some  gems.

So have you guessed What my secret letter is? It is W, of course.

I am entering these cards in the Add a Sentiment challenge at Love to Create and the Anything Goes challenge at Tammy's Scrappin' Corner. 

Stamping smiles, Karen

21 comments:

craftieodmae said...

beautiful! Love the die you used on that gorgeous image!

Lynette said...

So pretty, Karen! Love the soft vellum, but they are both beautiful.

JennyH said...

Beautiful cards, love your use of the acetate and vellum : )

Mrs. Swandog said...

Love your cards and the new stamp set!

Mrs. Swandog said...

love you cards and the new stamp set!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Fantastic cards.... really love the dragonfly card (the last one)

deb said...

Beautiful cards with beautiful flowers.

Ina G said...

Love both cards. Love the fold on the top one. Fabulous stamp set.

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards!! Love how you did the first one!! Thank you for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge!!
Z
On a side note I hope my husband doesn't sell my stuff what I told him I paid either...lol.

joy said...

Great cards! I love how you have framed the second one on vellum!

Di said...

I am loving the images in this new release! Very nice cards.

Becky Dunham said...

Love your cards Karen, especially the Water lilies and dragonflies - that might just be my favorite from this release :) I love the way you did this on vellum - I am dying to try that technique! Thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said...

Very pretty Karen!! I love the unique opening for the first card and the image on the vellum for the second one. I have to remember to use some vellum too. TFS

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful cards Karen and I really love how you split the scene on the first card.

Unknown said...

Karen,
this is real talent. I love this image and the card is super..
Thanks for Entering the Challenge
At Tammy's Scrapin Corner.
I hope to see you enter next week!!
Hugs Owner Tammy Ortiz

Auntie Em said...

Your cards are beautiful. I love the raised butterfly on the first and the waterlilies stamped on the vellum is such a clever idea. It looks so watery. Great ideas! Thanks for sharing! :)

Cheri said...

Beautiful cards, Karen. I especially love the way you stamped the dragon flies on the vellum. When I first looked at it, I thought, WOW, she cut that out!!! What a stunning card it makes. The pearl flourish added to the butterfly, along with the split scene creates a stunning card.

Patti J said...

Wow, wow, wow, Karen! OH MY GOODNESS, that dragonfly on vellum is stunning! Absolutely gorgeous! Love both of your cards, dear girl - you are amazing!

lisa said...

love the flowers and bling great
work
talented
Thanks
for Joining Us Tammys Scrapin Corner

An'Jenic G. said...

Both of your cards are beautiful. I love how split your first card. I love the tip you give about coloring on the other side of the velum. TFS & Great Cards AJ~

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful cards - love your new stamps and gorgeous design too!