Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Designers Choice Challenge at Repeat Impressions


It’s another Designer’s Choice Challenge at The House that Stamps Built, Repeat Impression’s blog. Dawn is challenging us all to make a Double Dutch Door Card.  Please visit the blog for all the details and to see the other Rock Star's cards for this DCC challenge. 

For my card, I stamped the sweet Beach Time girl and did some coloring and paper piecing. I punched the side of the piece with a seashell punch from Martha Stewart. The sentiment was stamped, then cut and embossed with a nesties label. That bottom part opens like a double door and I used velcro to hold the label down until you want to open the doors. The top part also flips up.

I also posted a card using this fun fold yesterday. Here is the link to instructions so you can make one for yourself and enter it in our challenge for a chance at some great Repeat Impressions rubber!

I am entering this card in the challenge at Catchthe Bug for Anything Goes.

Stamping smiles, Karen

6 comments:

joy said...

Great paper piecing and I love the image with your punch!

Lynette said...

What a wonderful summery card, Karen!

Cheri said...

Love this card, Karen I the paper piecing. You've created such a perfect scene with that punch.

Patti J said...

Awww....she's such a cutie patootie! Beautifully done, Karen-thanks for sharing :)

Scrappy said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing it with us at ! Hope you will join us again soon!

Scrappy - Bugaboo Stamps DT

Unknown said...

This is such a cute card! I love the shell border! Great paper piecing too.