Saturday, May 5, 2012

SAS4Kids Buttons, Ribbons and/or Flowers


It's time for a new challenge at Send a Smile 4 Kids and we are challenging you to make and link a card with some buttons, ribbons and/or flowers that a child would like. We have three generous sponsors for this challenge: Di's Digis is offering a $10 gift certificate to their random winner; The Paper Shelter's prize is a $20 gift certificate; and A Day for Daisies is giving their winner a $12 gift certificate!  

My first card features a fun digital image from The Paper Shelter that I printed out and cut with a nesties circle. I created buttons with a die from Cherry Lynn Designs and  added a ribbon across the center. The sentiment is from Stamp Fairy.


My second card features a sweet digital little boy and his paper airplane from A Day for Daisies. I paper pieced his clothes, shoes and airplane. I tied some bakers twine (my favorite kind of "ribbon") together and added some buttons in the corners.

I am entering these cards in the challenges at Simon Says Stamp (birthdays) and Crafty Cardmakers "For the Boys".

Stamping smiles 4 our kids,  Karen


3 comments:

Linda said...

Karen these are so cute! I really love the second card with the twine all around the edge. It looks like he is holding on to it. So clever.

J said...

Both cards are lovely, but I am secretly smitten with your little wizard... Thank you for sharing your cards with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Two gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. xx