Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My turn for a DCC at Repeat Impressions!



It’s another Designer’s Choice Challenge at The House that Stamps Built, Repeat Impression’s blog. It’s my turn and I am challenging my team and you to make a card using these 3 elements: a stamped image, embossing and a diecut or punch. Please visit the blog for all the details and to see the other Rock Star's cards for this DCC challenge. 

For my card, I created a mask with the ornament die from Spellbinders and sponged in the inside of the masked shape with green ink. I stamped with the tree and stars from the Snow Tree Flip Set and highlighted the stars with a gold Spica pen. I embossed the white layer with my favorite holiday words embossing folder by Cuttlebug, layered it all and added a red bow to complete the CAS holiday card.

I am entering this card in the challenge at OneStitch At a Time for Anything Goes.

Stamping smiles, Karen 

5 comments:

Lynette said...

Very pretty card, Karen! Such a fun challenge, too - thanks!

Cheri said...

Great CAS Christmas card, Karen and a great challenge too. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful card... I love the creativity of masking and stamping the tree inside! Great job! Thanks for playing with us at OSAAT!
Hugs,
Beth

Patti J said...

Karen, this is SO pretty! I enjoyed this 'challenging' challenge! Great creativity - thanks!

Unknown said...

This is super wonderful!! I love the stamped ornament and embossed background! Thank you for the fun challenge!