Tuesday, January 2, 2018

YouTube Video - How To Use Fabric For Beauty and Dimension on Handmade Cards

My newest YouTube video which posted today here shares how to use fabric on our cards for beauty and dimension. I learned this easy technique at our local card club and fell in love with the look, so I bought some fabric and had fun designing four cards. For this card, I used a 3 Panel Circle Window Card from The Paper Cut, but you can cut your own 3 panel card which I explain in the video. Here is a look at the inside of this card which I show from start to finish in the video: 

I also created some 3 panel cards with 12 x 5 1/2" cardstock and made this butterfly card: 




It is a little hard to see but the fabric pops up in the circle window for great dimension:
I am entering the first card in the Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, in the Something New challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday and at Dies R Us.

I love the look and had fun sharing these cards in my latest video. Thanks for watching, sharing, subscribing and commenting, and thanks too for helping me #share the joy of creativity!

10 comments:

Darlene said...

These are beautiful Karen ... what a fun technique! Thanks for the video ... great job! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything Goes DRU’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Glennis F said...

A great idea, Karen

Kathy Krug said...

Wonderful designs. Love the idea of material to give texture. Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us. WE hope you will join us for future challenges.
Kathy
DRU DT

Fikreta said...

wonderful cards!
hugs

Lin said...

I enjoyed watching your video, Karen, and love the way you incorporated the fabrics into your design! Thanks for sharing this technique with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

kiwimeskreations said...

Just popping over to watch the video - these look amazing cards
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great card design and video. I would have to purchase fabric and the cotton rounds before I could try it. I sure like the look of the cards though.

Diane said...

Fabulous technique and fabulous cards! Thank you for joining our challenge at Dies R Us!
Diane DRU DT {Nellies Nest}

Myrna said...

Karen,
You inspired me to try my hand at this technique. I love it and made a lovely Thank you card. You also helped me get my mojo back. I love different techniques and different folded cards so this was a perfect come back to my card making.
Thank you.
Hugs,
Myrna

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful cards Karen, thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx