Thursday, September 20, 2018

More Deep Impressions Cards For All Occasions



All week long here on my blog I am sharing cards I made with the Deep Impressions technique I show how to do in my newest YouTube video here. The stars on this card were created by melting Stampendous Aged Gold, Aged Ivory and Chunky Gold Embossing Powders on stars cut out with Lil' Inker dies and then while the embossing powders were molten, stamped on with a Fun Stampers Journey postage collage stamp. To learn how to do that, simply watch the video here. It is a longer video, but full of sample cards- if you just want to see the technique, you can fast forward through the first five minutes or so. I cut the shaker star with the stitched Lil' Inker star die and stamped with a perfect stamp set from Taylored Expressions both on the front and on the inside:




I used Stampendous Aged Scarlet Embossing Powder on the poinsettia on this card which I die cut with a Sizzix Tim Holtz tattered poinsettia die. The card front was die cut with the lovely Metro Triangle Collage die from Birch Press Designs amd the "noel" is also from Tim Holtz and Sizzix.

I am entering the second card in the Anything Goes challenge at Scrapy Land  and the Bling It On challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday.

6 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Loving these wonderful textured, deep embossed accents Karen
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful cards. I especially love the poinsettia one. This is a great way to get texture and you used the technique beautifully.

Celeste Goff said...

Love both of these amazing cards Karen! The stars you created on the first card are so cool and textured!

Stampin Mindy said...

Wow these look amazing. I love the way that gold texture looks. Stunning. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

♥ Mindy

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Wow, these are fabulous. Amazing design and dazzling embellishments, simply awesome cards. Thanks for joining us at Scrapy Land Challenges. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni DT
scrapyland.

Mary M said...

Great cards Karen! Thank you for joining us on the Scrapy Land Challenge.