Monday, September 10, 2018

Video - Pleated Backgrounds and Die Cuts for Dimensional Cards


Do you have tons of lightweight patterned paper and wish you knew more ways to use it for easy and beautiful cards? We all do, right? In my newest video I share an easy way to add pleated dimension to your  backgrounds and diecuts. I had so much fun playing with with this fun technique, I will be sharing cards all week on my blog with pleated backgrounds and diecuts. 



I am starting with my favorite of the pleated cards I share in the new video. In the video, I show how to easily pleat lightweight patterned paper and on this card I chose a pretty holly dp. Note that each ornament (using a Spellbinders set) was cut out with the pleats going a different direction and I sponged the pleats for added dimension. The beautiful sentiments on the ornaments are from a Quietfire Design/Elizabeth Crafts die set called Love, Peace and Joy Christmas Ornament Die Set, and the "Wishing You" is from Memory Box. 


On this fall card is another sneak peak of next week's YouTube video technique with a beautiful pleated background of fall leaves. I like to cut out my pleated backgrounds with stitched dies (such as this one from Cutplorations) so the edges are perfectly straight and have stitching for extra interest. The "thankful" die is from Gina K Designs and the leaf die is by Stampendous. 

I am entering the first card in the Anything Goes challenge at Scrapy Land.

The new video showing how to pleat patterned paper is short and sweet, and if you watch you will see how easy it is to make pleated backgrounds and die cuts. I hope you will watch and give this technique a try.

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great pair of cards - love the pleated ornaments in particular. Popping over to watch the video now.
Blessings
Maxine

Christine said...

What beautiful cards!! You have excelled yourself here and you are so generous to share it all with us. Thank you so much

Celeste Goff said...

Wow Karen, what gorgeous cards! I adore the leaf card especially!