Tuesday, September 11, 2018

More Pleated Cards from My Latest You-Tube Video


Today I am sharing two more cards I made with the pleating technique I show in my newest YouTube video here. After pleating, you can choose to die cut shapes or the background such as in my second card below. I die cut several stitched butterflies using Lil' Inker dies and also punched one out with an older SU punch. I also die cut the shadow behind "happy" from the pleated floral dp using a new die set from Tonic Studios. On the inside I attached the second stitched and pleated butterfly and another pretty sentiment from Tonic Studios:

I was going for a vintage look on this card and after pleating the background, I embossed it with an embossing folder from Crafter's Companion and sponged with distress ink. The friends flower is a pretty die from Tutti Designs.

All week long I am sharing pleated cards and you can learn how to make them here in my latest YouTube video.

I am entering the first card in the Anything Goes challenge at Scrapy Land.

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Lovely cards Karen - the bottom one is the one that particularly appeals to me
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

REally so pretty and I love that you made the butterflies with the pleats.

Lisa said...

They are both so gorgeous!! The pleated butterflies look amazing!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts