Thursday, September 19, 2019

Cards and Gift Box with Alexandra Renke's Gorgeous Patterned Cardstock

Earlier in the summer, I had the great privilege of meeting and taking a class with Alexandra Renke at JunkieFest and we received a pack of her gorgeous floral designer cardstock. It is so pretty it was hard to cut it to make cards with it, but I did make a gift box and set of cards and am sharing them today and tomorrow on my blog. Alexandra Renke papers are hard to find in the USA, but Ellen Hutson has them here. 

My first card is a simple "thinking of you" card with vellum over the yellow floral cardstock and a few butterflies cut out of the AR cardstock. I have used my favorite gems from Gina Marie Designs on almost all the cards and this sentiment die is from Creative Expressions. 


The gift box was also made with the yellow AR cardstock, more cut out butterflies and GMD gems and an Impression Obsession sentiment die. I will be posting a video sometime soon with directions on how to make a box for a gift of A2 sized cards.


On this card I stamped with an Alexandra Renke stamp and added a butterfly cut with an AR die both of which we also received in the class. 


And on this thank you card I added more butterflies cut out of the AR paper scraps and a Thank You cut with a Karen Burniston die. The Alexandra Renke cardstock is so beautiful, it is easy to make lovely cards with it in no time at all.

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

I can see why you had a hard time using that paper as it is gorgeous. I think I would have wanted to keep it around too so I could look and enjoy it. But I am glad you succumbed and made use of it in such a beautiful way! I love the projects you did with it.