Monday, September 2, 2019

Video - Stencils with Blending Brushes and Glitter Gels Make Easy Glitzy Cards


In my newest video I am sharing many cards I made with some new favorite stencils, blending brushes and sentiment strips from Taylored Expressions and Glitz Glitter Gel from Gina K Designs and Therm O Web. The Layered Mandala stencil set from A Colorful Life Designs is my favorite new stencil and I used it on many of the cards I share in the video. The last layer on all these cards is Glitz Glitter Gel and it is gorgeous to add with colored gels as in the two cards I am sharing today, and in the white or clear as I show in the video and in more cards later this week on my blog. 


This is the card I make in the video and it is prettier in real life with the Turquoise Sea Glitz Glitter Gel and peach colored layers of brushed on color. The right side has a strip of the stenciled Layered Mandala that is on the inside of the card. That was a result of a "happy mistake" when I scored the A2 sized card at 4" instead of 4 1/4" and didn't want to waste the pretty peach cardstock so I cut a strip off the finished card front piece and added to the side for interest and texture. I die cut and sponged some color on a Taylored Expressions Simple Strip and have added these ingenius sentiment strips to all my cards in the video. I added some of my favorite sparkly gems from Gina Marie Designs to finish this card.


Here is another card I made with the same Layered Mandala stencil set from A Colorful Life Designs, blue and purple inks brushed through the stencil with Taylored Expressions blending brushes and the top layer of gorgeous Wild Lilac Glitz Glitter Gel. I added another perfect sentiment strip from Taylored Expressions and a couple punched butterflies to complete this card. 

You are going to want to watch the video to see more easy glitzy cards in different sizes and colors and stop back later this week for more cards here on my blog too. 

I am entering the first card in the Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday.





1 comment:

Celeste Goff said...

Love the effect of both the ink blending and the glitter paste! So pretty.