Friday, September 6, 2019

My Favorite Glitzy Stenciled Cards Including a CASED TE Card


I love all the cards I made with new stencils and Glitz Glitter Gels for my newest video, but the two I am posting today are my favorites. This inspiring card was created with green ink brushed through the Yoga Tree stencil from A Colorful Life Designs and green Glitz Glitter Gel through the Faded Petals stencil also from ACLD on patterned paper. Again the perfect sentiment is from Taylored Expressions Simple Strips stamps and dies.


I saw a card and watched a video by Mindy Eggen that totally inspired me to try adding glitter gel to stenciled backgrounds or images and I cased (Copied and Selectively Edited) this card from that inspiration. Here is a link to Mindy's card and video.  Because of her, I just had to buy this stencil and the "Be a Mermaid" die from Taylored Expressions. I also used a "On the Hinge" die from Taylored Expressions and the tail moves back and forth as seen here:



The sentiment die on my card is from Impression Obsession. Still pictures do not show the glitz of these Gina K Designs Glitz Glitter Gels that you would see in real life (and can see better in the video), so I suggest you try adding them to your cards the next time you stencil. You will love the results!

1 comment:

Celeste Goff said...

Such gorgeous cards Karen! Love both the ink blending and the glitz combination together!