Monday, December 28, 2020

Video - Easy Faux Origami Butterflies and A Dozen Ways To Create With Them



Years ago I saw some gorgeous origami butterflies and  tried to make my own with little success. I discovered a die from i-Crafter that makes faux butterflies so easy and in my newest video here I show a bunch of cards I made with the Folded Butterfly die.


As I show in the video, the butterflies are so easy to make and can be attached to any card for a pretty embellishment. On all the butterflies I made I added my favorite gems from Gina Marie Designs and I chose to use bodies and antenna from other dies I own. I had the greatest success using a lightweight patterned paper and strong thread to hold the butterfly together. This card features a gorgeous bumblebee border die from Creative Expressions.


What if you don't have lightweight designer patterned paper to use? You can use colorful magazine pictures as I did on this pretty butterfly! The friends die is from Tutti Designs and I attached a Seeded Paper Heart that can be planted and it will grow flowers! I purchased my hearts and also butterflies from Of The Earth Seeded Paper.

Here are a couple more cards I made and on these cards I attached the butterflies with small magnets so they can be taken off the card and placed on a frig or somewhere in the home to brighten spirits:





Both of these cards feature favorite sentiment dies from Sue Wilson and the background of the second card was created with tissue paper spritzed with Nuvo shimmer powders and embossed with gold embossing powder (stay tuned for any upcoming video on how to do that.) 

I show how to make this card in the video using the Distress Stencil background technique I learned in a Jennifer McGuire video. So to see many many faux butterfly cards and how easy they are to make, watch the new video here.


1 comment:

Ms. Tamp said...

Wonderful combinations.