Monday, July 5, 2021

Video - Fabulous Fun Folds For Fantastic Kids


I love to make cards for kids and fun fold cards and in my newest video here I show how to make many kids fun fold cards without expensive fun fold dies. Of course I am Die Cut Crazy so all the cards are decorated with dies from my favorite diecut companies. 


This is the card I make in the video but with some changes as you can see here:


My first version features some gorgeous blue mirror card embossed with a wave embossing folder but I made that at a friend's house and don't own them, so I made a new background with my favorite new technique - salad spinning. (Check my YouTube channel for several videos I have posted with that awesome technique!) I die cut both with the Hero Arts Fish and Bubbles Confetti die and added 3 Whittle Fish (Poppystamps) and a fish pun from the awesome Whittle Sealife Sentiments stamp set also from Poppystamps. But just look what pops up when the card is opened:


I saw a cute card by Patti Gilliam with a fish face and then found a tutorial by Frenchie where I learned this easy fun fold. Here is a close-up of the fish and his googly eyes:


On the inside I used Graphic 45 papers, more Whittle Fish and Whittle Sealife Sentiment Stamps from Poppystamps and a stitched rectangle die from Gina Marie Designs.


Isn't this Hee Haw Cow from Whimsy Stamps so so so cute? I just couldn't resist him. Here are some more photos showing how this fun fold opens:


When you have a stamp and matching die, it is easy to die cut a hole to see through on the front and middle fold to the back of this card. I paper pieced my Hee Haw funny cow. 

Both of these and the other fun fold cards I share in the new video are much easier to see and appreciate in the new video here. 

I am entering the first card in the Anything Goes Challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday. and in the Just Add Water challenge at Poppystamps. 

6 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fantastic cards for the kids.

Karenladd said...

Wow, I love these! That embossing folder with the wave design is spectacular and how did I not know Poppystamps made whittle fish? I LOVE the whittle dies.

Patty Tanúz said...

Beautiful cardss!!!! Love them!!!! Good luck!

pam said...

Beautiful cards..
Thank you for joining us over on Poppystamps challenge blog
Pam x

Jeanne J. said...

So many cute cards! I love your backgrounds and gosh that fish with the mouth open on the inside is amazing. Off to check out your salad spinning technique!

Sue McRae said...

What a fun group of cards! Love the underwater scenes! Thanks for playing along with us at Poppystamps!