Monday, October 3, 2022

A Baker's Dozen Cards With Background Dies and Embossing Folders!


Are you a die cut fanatic like me but struggle sometimes to find enough ways to use a die- especially the more expensive background dies - to justify the expense? In my newest video here, I show 3 ways to create cards with 4 different background dies. My newest favorite background die is the Pinwheel Quilt Top Die set from Concord & 9th and here are the three cards I showed in the video: 




Aren't they pretty cards? The background can be used on it's own for a subtle debossing look and the additional dies can make quilts in unlimited ways! The sentiments on these cards are from a set by Altenew perfect for these cards.


The backgrounds on this and the next three cards were created with a 3D embossing folder from Simon Says Stamp and a matching flower die and this is the card I made in the video step by step. The YOU letters were cut with a die from Kat Scrappiness and the rest of the sentiment is from Karen Burniston. I brushed ink on the letters and flowers and attached them with fun foam to raise them up. Here are three more cards I made with these same products:




These cards were so easy to make with white cardstock, mirror card and brushed inks on slightly patterned papers, but I love how they turn out and will be proud to send or give them away to brighten someone's day. 

You can see many more cards with background dies here in the new video. Then I hope you have time for a play and send some handmade joy out into the world.

No comments: