Monday, October 24, 2022

See Through Fabulous Foiled Acetate Cards

Acetate see through cards can be lovely but in my newest video I am showing how fabulous foiled acetate can be on your card and six different ideas on how to use it. I recently discovered Butterfly Blush Luxury Foiled Acetate from Paper Wishes and after creating several cards I realized it is pink foil on one side and gold on the other, so the design and color options are unlimited! This is the spanner card I make in the video from start to finish:


It is much easier to see in the new video, but each card features the high quality acetate sheets with gold or pink foil patterns. On this card I also added 49 & Market floral and butterfly rub-ons and pretty patterned paper strips from Stampin' up. The front spanner part opens to see these two layers:




"Hello" was cut with a Karen Burnston die and the amazing sentiment on the inside is from Sue Wilson and Creative Expressions. The wonky stitched square die is from Kat Scrappiness. I promised to show a picture of my template for this 5 x 7 spanner card, but of course it is much easier to see how to make this card by watching the video here.


In the new video I share six different ways to use the Butterfly Blush Luxury Foiled Acetate on our cards and the easiest way to get the acetate to lay totally flat and attach to the front of the card is to add a scored flap of cardstock along the top like I did on this card:


I also used rub-ons from 49 & Market on the acetate on this card and added a scripty "hello" from Tonic Studios along the top. Here is another view of this card style:


In the video I show many more card ideas with foiled acetate so click this link and watch the new video here. I hope my cards inspire you to give some of the ideas and products a try and then you will send some of your handmade joy out into our world! 

No comments: