Saturday, October 8, 2022

Oh Hey! What a Great Three Days!! Crop and Create Delivered - Cardmaking


Last weekend I was in the middle of three awesome days of classes with internationally known super creative teachers using hundreds of dies, stamps, stencils and other goodies we received in our huge box from Crop & Create Delivered - Cardmaking put on by Scrapbook & Cards Today. I have not completed many of the cards especially from the 9+ classes taught on Friday, but am sharing what I have completed so far. I have a beautifully bound book and on line classes I can watch again and again in the Facebook group, so I can finish at my own pace. I love coloring with layered stencils so one of my favorite of the classes was the Concord & 9th class where we were taught how to layer colors in the "Oh Hey" stencils and cut out with the matching die, plus use the stamp set and tags and gems to make three cards. I loved these so much I made four and added some of my own sentiment dies to some:



Another favorite class was from Taylored Expressions and we made 3 mini-slim cards at once with these brilliant beautiful stencils:


The Taylored Expressions release is called Falling For You and includes the layered stencils, along with dies and stamps and even foil accents (which I will use soon and share.) I added my own sentiment dies to the cards above and to these below I made in different colors:


One of the tips we learned from another class was a reminder that we can use our foil to color small die cuts (like the leaves on the first card) cut out of two sided adhesive foam pieces. 


Gina K Designs gave us a large gorgeous set of silhouette stamps, a word die and a beautiful stencil and Gina K showed us how to create these cards with blending techniques. Most of the full length classes (1 1/2 hours long with three complete cards each and a Facebook live where we could ask questions) were not Christmas or holiday cards, but Gina's and the  Spellbinders class was, and I made these cards:


We got a lovely background stencil that we made the gold background with on black, white with glitter on white and I chose to do blue ink on the blue cardstock on the 3rd card. Then we got 5 or 6 sets of dies from Spellbinders too! I did not make all the cards from the full length classes on Saturday or Sunday, but I loved the sunflower dies from Lawn Fawn and I made this card with paper from them too:


Pink & Main gave us a several cute die sets and a fun stencil and I made one card as was taught in her class so far. Then the amazing Jennifer McGuire showed us how to take the party hat and made shaped cards with it - one is two layer and one is a tri-fold:


One of my favorite classes from Friday was taught by Honey Bee Stamps and we received a lovely stamp set with layered stencils to color the flowers and the leaves. I hate to color stamps and try to shade, etc, but I can add color with stencils as you can see here:


I took some pictures of the rest of the product I received and have not made cards with yet:



The classes alone from three full days taught by internationally known instructors were worth what we paid ($290). But then we got a huge box of stamps, dies, stencils, paper, envelopes and tons of other goodies that is worth hundred and hundreds of dollars. I think these weekends are a bargain and I highly recommend them. We had 2900 students this time and it sold out in just days! If you want to join in the fun next time (spring 2023), join the Scrapbook & Cards Today Facebook page and watch for your chance to sign up and jump on it quickly. There are payment plans available, and all the classes are available to watch again and again on the private FB page once you sign up. There are also weekends for scrapbooking and a mix of holiday cards and scrapbooking. 

No comments: