Monday, October 31, 2022

Delicate Gorgeous Kirigami Cards Made In Minutes!


Once in a while I see a card on internetland made with a new product or die set and I absolutely have to get it and make a card (or many) with it. Does that happen to you? I am in love with the Anna Griffin Kirigami die set and made 7 cards with it and a new video showing how easy they are to make


The front of the card is pretty with the oval of watercolor flowers, but just look what happens when the ribbon is pulled:


Inside is a wax seal and new dies from Spellbinders with a Love sentiment. I will be making a video soon playing with the wax seals and more new Sealed By Spellbinders dies.

The action of the kirigami opening and closing is best to see in the new video, but here is a mini video to give you an idea of how beautiful this is: 



(If you are a subscriber, for some reason the videos do not show up, so just click the title to go to the actual blogpost and you see this mini video. Of course you can see all the cards and their kirigami movement in the full video here.) 

My favorite of the Anna Griffin Kirigami dies (I found here on HSN on sale) is the oval, but I made cards with the square and circle too. Here is another favorite card I made with the oval and 49 and Market rub ons:



I just love how this card turned out with beautiful Alena ARToptions rub on transfers from 49 and Market and a pretty "thinking of you" cut with a die from Sue Wilson and Creative Expressions.


I just got a new set of dies and wide washi tape from Pinkfresh Studio called Rainbow Floral and used it to make the front of this square card. I had an idea of a different way to use the square kirigami die on the inside of this card:


I attached the top with a glue dot to the top of the inside of the card and so the kirigami square opens as the card is opened. It is much easier to see this gorgeous kirigami action in the new video and you can see it by clicking on this link.

I am entering the first card in the Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday. 

No comments: