Monday, February 24, 2014

Butterflies Flying out of my Card in a Box




I am having fun playing with the Card in a Box concept I have seen all over blogland! This one is a smaller version that would fit into an envelope slightly larger than an A2 envelope. Measurements and directions are available here. I love butterflies and used several of my punches and diecuts to make this birthday card for someone special. The largest top butterfly is a diecut from Memory Box. The midsize butterfly is from Stampin' Up and the smallest from Martha Stewart. I attached the middle butterflies onto strips of acetate so they popped up higher than the others. I used the negative of the SU butterfly over some polka-dotted patterned paper on the side pieces.

Here is another picture that shows the layers of butterflies and the base of the card  which was embossed with an embossing folder by Embossalicious:

My last picture shows the card folded flat to mail and the back where I can write my birthday message.
You will probably see more of these cards on my blog because they are so fun to make! I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at Sister Act and the Punches or Diecuts challenge at The Stamping Boutique. 



3 comments:

cheryl said...

Oh hun this is brilliant hun love butterflies and this is lush hugs cheryl xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

You are so talented. Gorgeous card and so much fun for whomever is on the receiving end. I don't think I would even attempt to make anything as lovely as that. It looks so hard to do.

Stef H said...

i am blown away! this box is gorgeous and way out of my range for sure. but then.... i'm a big fan of yours! hope you are well. thanks so much for joining us in the STAMPING BOUTIQUE challenge!

hugs :)