Sunday, February 2, 2014

Try Something New and Valentines on Silhouette Sunday

The challenge at the Silhouette blog this week is to try something new with our Silhouette cards or projects. I have been wanting to try the color combo of yellow and grey and I think it will become one of my favorites. I also have never done a sympathy card with my Silhouette or their cutting files, and now I have. I had a request for sympathy cards from someone who purchases my cards, so I designed this one as one of the options she could choose from. I cut the rose border twice and embossed the yellow rose with my favorite embossing folder, Swiss Dots from Cuttlebug. I attached the yellow rose just a little offset from the black one. I stamped the sentiment (from Stampin' Up) on velum and cut out with a Spellbinders die. I like the idea of attaching the  velum with tiny glue dots and then covering them up with tiny sequins.


Nothing too new about these Valentines I created for my grandson and my husband. But I do love how easy it is to personalize my cards with my Silhouette and their cutting files. The robot is just too cute for a young boy and my husband loves anything orange with kitties.

I am also entering these cards in the Anything Goes challenge at Crafty Catz.

Stamping and Silhouette smiles, Karen

2 comments:

cheryl said...

Oh these are great hun love the valentine card hugs cheryl xx

carol said...

Wonderful creations, thanks for sharing withus at crafty catz Anything Goes week x carol