Tuesday, February 25, 2014

CAS Spring Card for Challenges


Have you noticed a theme in my cards lately? No snowflakes or snowmen allowed! I am sooo ready for spring and my choice of stamps, dies and punches reflect that! This card is a version of the card my daughter is making for a gathering of stampers in March called Madison Mingle. She wanted to borrow some punches for the idea and I experimented with those I own to help her decide which ones to borrow. I embossed the top white layer with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and then punched the butterfly (Stampin' Up) and the flower (Marvy). Small pieces of brightly colored dp were placed under the embossed layer which was attached with pop dots to raise it. The "hello" is by Paper Smooches and is one of my favorite stamps currently. I added another punched butterfly and a couple pearls to complete the CAS card.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at 613 Avenue Create and Amusing Challenges.

4 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love this card. It definitely speaks spring. I have been working with punched out and die cut open areas too this week and that is so fun!

Vicky Briggs said...

Beautiful card, very interesting. It has to help to get spring here, and pretty to look at.

Lisa (aka CropDropNRoll) said...

Beautiful card. You nailed the CAS theme! Thanks for visiting our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create.

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful card.
Gr Elly