Thursday, April 18, 2019

Flocked and Folded Celebration Card


In my newest video here, I explain how you can add the texture and velvet of flock to your cards with Deco Foil Transfer Gel and Flock Transfer Sheets and that is how I made the top of this card. The butterfly was punched out of a Deco Foil Foam Adhesive Sheet and then flocked with a yellow Flock Transfer Sheet. Both methods are very easy to do and result in great flocked texture. The scripty "Celebrate" die is a new one from Tonic Studios. 

But my favorite part of this card is the bottom fold which was created with Crealies Create a Card #22 die on black cardstock. The die set has a small, medium and large half diamond as well as a die strip that scores a line. There are samples of cards on the website page and two of them showed cards like this one. There are also 10 different downloads of templates for different looks for the die sets 21-24 and a video that shows samples of each template at the end here. I asked Annalise (the owner of Crealies) how this was done with the die set and she suggested I mark the sides of my cardstock every centimeter and cut each marked line with my medium sized diamond die. Then I folded up and down with each triangle. I also suggest creating a line with a pencil and ruler down the center of your piece so the line of triangles are even. I show some of that in the video here and love how this card turned out.