Friday, April 26, 2019

Last Two Picture Cards and Bonus Shares from Seth Apter's Class


This card featuring my niece and gorgeous Montana scenery from my latest video shows how you can also stamp on your pictures. The only ink I found that worked was StazOn and I stamped this beautiful saying from Quietfire Design with black StazOn. The bird dies are from Impression Obsession. 



I framed this picture in a lantern die from Sugar Pea Designs and the "believe" was cut with a Simon Says Stamp die. 


A friend shared some pretty flower pictures recently and she suggested trying cutting out sentiment dies with it showing the colors of the photo changing throughout the sentiment. I tried it here with a Celebrate die from Karen Burniston and layered it on black so it stood out from this collage background I made in a Seth Apter class recently. It is not my usual style, but I had fun trying new techniques with Seth's unique embossing powders. We started with washi tape and stamped and added embossing powders for a fun collaged background. Look at what else I made in this class taught by Seth Apter:


Too cool, right? Seth took us step by step through making this collage and I am displaying it proudly in my craft room. If you ever get a chance to take a class with Seth, I highly recommend you do it!

I am entering the first card in the Anything Goes Challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday.

3 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

They look great.

kiwimeskreations said...

What awesome work Karen - both the cards and the results of your class work with Seth Apter
Blessings
Maxine

Lin said...

Love that you used photos as part of your designs, Karen! (I remember a Hero Arts challenge back in the day where we used photos and stamping together!) Love your results - thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!