Monday, April 1, 2019

Video - Cards For Guys With Dies in my Die Cut Crazy Video Series


Making cards for guys can be a bit challenging but not if you have the right dies as I show in my newest video here which is part of my Die Cut Crazy Video Series. I share four cards I made with different dies I own and the card below that I demo was made with dies, stamps and cardstock from a My Favorite Things kit. The Good Time to Wine card kit is sold out, but you can still order all the separate pieces of the kit here. 


 It is a wine shaker card with a tie and is easy and fun to make as I show here. Here is a peek at the inside of the card with a Tonic Studios die  and another card I share in the video:




I love this card that I made with a new die and stamp set from Motion Crafts called Time Flies. You are going to want to watch the video to see how the gears and clock under the grid move when the tab is pulled - so cool! I created a background using a technique called Faux Leather which I share in this video at about the 15 minute mark. The set from Motion Crafts includes all the dies and stamps you see and I embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and sponged with Distress Inks. On the inside I used another Tonic Studios die and a stamp from the Time Flies set from Motion Crafts.


I love how these cards turned out and hope you will watch the video and will be inspired to try some masculine cards next time you are designing. 

I am entering the second card in the Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday.



2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great guy cards. That first one looks perfect for a college graduation or job promotion one I think.

Misty Elam said...

Time sure does fly!! Both are lovely cards. Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Misty