Monday, April 15, 2019

Video: Fun Cards with Therm O Web Flock Transfer Sheets and Crealies CAC#22 Dies


I am having so much fun designing with the new Therm O Web Deco Foil Flock Transfer Sheets and share 4 different cards in my newest video with flocked Easter bunnies and eggs, pandas and elephants as well as stenciled flocking. It is so easy to add the velvety texture of flock to die cuts or punched elements and to stenciled pieces as well as I show in this video.


This is the card I make in the video and the Easter egg and the flowers on the side are all created with flocked patterns using Deco Foil Flock Transfer Sheets and Transfer Gel. The Easter egg opens to reveal this cute flocked bunny:


I was inspired by a card recently posted at Kitchen Sink Stamps to make the Easter egg with the hidden inside surprise. The card is a fun fold design I made with the #22 Create a Card die set from Crealies and in the video, I show 4 different ways to make different cards with the same die set. I also show how to take a downloaded template from Crealies website and then adjust it to make my own template. Here is a picture of that template (you should be able to click on the picture to make it larger):


Start with a piece of cardstock 5 5/8" x 11" and mark with a ruler at 2 3/4, 4 3/4, 6 1/4 and 8 1/4 on the top and bottom. There are half diamond dies in three different sizes (I used the largest for this card) and a scoring line in the die set. I show in the video where to cut and score which results in a fun fold card like this one here:


I also share how you can use the flock transfer sheets and what is left after pulling them off as you can see in the two bunnies shown on these cards. 


The Happy Spring die is by Karen Burniston, the stitched oval die is by Gina Marie Designs, and the flowers on the side are from Crealies. I share three more flocked cards with different ways to use the Crealies #22 Create a Card die set in the video and you can watch it here.

1 comment:

Celeste Goff said...

What great cards Karen! Love how you hinged the Easter eggs so the fun treasure inside could be revealed!