Monday, April 22, 2019

Video - How to Turn Your Photos Into Lovely Handmade Cards


My sister and niece took some gorgeous pictures during a trip to Montana and I have made those pictures into a collection of cards as a gift for them. My newest video here  shows all the cards and how I made a couple of my favorites. Most of the cards were made with dies and I show how to make this shaker card in the video:

Isn't that scene in the background of this shaker card gorgeous? I created the shaker frame with stitched rectangle dies from Lil' Inker and the birds were cut with an IO die. Here is a picture of this card "all shook up" and another shaker card I made with a beautiful waterfall picture:





I made many picture cards because I wanted to use everyone of the lovely pictures they shared, so I will be blogging them all week. Here is another of my favorites featuring dies from Kat Scrappiness and Karen Burniston:

To make this card I needed two duplicate pictures and the top layer was cut with a Kat Scrappiness stitched frame and raised when attached over the bottom photo. 

Be sure to watch the video here for lots more ideas and come back each day this week as I blog the rest of the photo cards.

3 comments:

Jane Luxem said...

These photo cards are awesome, Karen. Great inspiration!

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a wonderful idea and a great gift to your family who enjoyed their trip. Now they can view the photos in a different way.

Celeste Goff said...

Such clever use of photos Karen! Love this!