Tuesday, November 17, 2020

A Colorful Life Designs Camouflage Stencil Cards Four More Ways


As I shared yesterday and in my new video here, the new Camouflage Layering Stencils from A Colorful Life Designs can be used in traditional camo colors but also for unique easy backgrounds in different colors. I used three different blue distress inks on a blue marble cardstock to create this background, then cut three stitched layers with Gina Marie Designs rectangle dies. I layered on navy blue cardstock and raised each layer before adding a "thank you" from Karen Burniston.


This card also features Gina Marie Designs and Karen Burniston dies with a purple camo background. How about we step it up even more and add foil to the last layer: 


I created this gatefold card with Fired Brick and Black Soot Distress inks through the first two layers of the Camouflage Stencil Set. Then I added Deco Foil Transfer Gel Duo through the last layered stencil and after it dried tacky, attached Brutus Monroe Sunrise Deco Foil. I cut out the pieces for the sides and front of the gatefold card and attached a "thinking of you" from Karen Burniston. 


With a little imagination and the right colors and glitz, camouflage can even be used for a Christmas card! I started with a green lightly patterned cardstock and applied red and green inks through the first and second camouflage stencils. For the third layer, I started with a very bright green ink and then added Iridescent Glitz Glitter Gel from Gina K Designs and Therm O Web and let that dry. I layered the square background on red mirror card and added a Christmas greeting with a die from Karen Burniston.

I sure had fun stretching my imagination and supplies to create seven very different camo cards for every season and reason for my newest video here. I hope my cards and ideas encourage you to give these new stencils a try!