Monday, November 30, 2020

Bitty Ball Pop Up Piggy Happy New Year Card


Last week I shared several new Bitty Ball pop up animals using new dies from Karen Burniston in a video here and found a super cute pig bitty ball pop up I hadn't made into a card. My grandkids love interactive cards so I am sending this one to one grandson and the New Years card from the video to the other grandson. 


I will  be honest and say one issue I have with the double ball animals is how to get them to stay relatively flat in a card to mail. I like to use magnets (as I did in the video) but they can get pricey and several are needed to keep the animal in. I have tried using a very strong tape and sliding it in a card like this one, but I watched my grandson open his like that, and the card had come completely undone in the mail. So I had an idea- on this card, I stapled the top and bottom shut with 4 or so staples on the top and bottom of a square folded thick cardstock base. Then I covered the staples with this fireworks cardstock from Divinity Designs and added the Happy New Year die cut from Impression Obsession. I also covered the staples on the back of the card which is where I will write a message and sign the card. No way is this card coming undone in the mail!


Isn't this pig adorable? I created her with Karen Burniston's Bitty Ball and Animal Add-ons 1 die sets. I added a funny snarky Hello 2021 sentiment from a free digital stamp set by Taylored Expressions. The iridescent pink mirror card from Tonic Studios was embossed with a SU embossing folder for texture on her skin.

FYI- I am participating in a video hop tomorrow featuring slimline dies from Whimsy Stamps, so my usual Monday YouTube video will be on Tuesday instead. Be sure to check back tomorrow and then hop and comment for chances to win awesome prizes from Whimsy Stamps!

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday.







1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful interactive card designs. You do amazing things with those dies.