Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Brightly Spun Cards Made with Color Burst and a Salad Spinner


In my newest video here I show how to make  colorful backgrounds like this one using a salad spinner and watercolor powders. On these cards I used Ken Oliver's Color Burst powders which are very bright and some of his Liquid Metals as well. I die cut "BDAY" with dies from Dies...To Die For, raised them on white fun foam and put back in for the eclipse look. "Happy" is also a die from DTDF and the stitched balloon is from Crealies. 


I know the spinning can be even more effective when a little white is left so I deliberately did that on this red, white and blue celebration card. The sentiment die is from Cutplorations. 


I tried to make a sunset with my purple and red ColorBurst powders for this card and also sprayed it with Therm O Web Glitter Dust. Then I simple added a flying goose from Memory Box on red and purple layers. 

I had so much fun creating these salad spinner cards, there are more to see in the video and I will be back with one more blogpost too.

I am entering the third card in the Animal Antics challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday.

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great looking cards using the salad spinner.