Monday, June 14, 2021

Video - Stretch Your Supplies Series - Many Ways To Use Heart Dies and Stencils


I recently purchased some awesome new heart dies and stencils and in my newest video here I show 8 different cards and ways to use them for unique colorful cards. I freely admit I am a die cut (and stencil) addict but once I have indulged, I like to find many ways to use them to stretch my crafty dollars. 


One of my favorite new die sets is the Birch Press Kinsley Heart Plates with three layers to create gorgeous easy cards like this one. The first layer is rainbow foil and I added a "hello" layered on vellum created with a new die from Gina K Designs. Here is another card I created with two layers of purple sparkle: 


I used purple glitter cardstock and mirror card over a purple woodgrain cardbase and added a "celebrate" from Tonic Studios as well as some favorite gems from Gina Marie Designs. 


This is the card I make in the video and it incorporates several of my favorite techniques - eclipse, shakers and layered stencils. I recently took a class with Gina K of Gina K Designs and she suggested using shades of grey on flowers. I never thought of making grey flowers or hearts but I tried it and I love the look. As I show in the video, the two toned hearts are easy to make with Altenew's Heart Blocks Stencil and two shades of grey ink. I die cut the letters YOU and the Shaker Heart die (all from Kat Scrappiness) out of the stenciled card front. The letters were attached to black fun foam letters to raise them and put back in their diecut spaces. I added small beads to the shaker heart and put back in its hole so the pattern continues across the heart and letters. I added some gems from Gina Marie Designs and a script "love" from Karen Burniston. 

To see many more cards and how easy these are to make with the heart dies and stencils, watch the new video here. 

No comments: