Monday, June 7, 2021

Video - Cardmaking with Napkins and New Floral and Envelope Dies from Dies...to Die For


Are you like me and love to make both slimline and A2 sized cards with gorgeous papers and beautiful dies, and especially like colorful matching envelopes for your cards? Then my newest video is perfect for you! I sometimes have a hard time with the gorgeous paper part of that combination because I really don't own that much patterned paper. That is not a problem when I made the many cards for this video with napkins and new dies from the June release at Dies...To Die For at Shopscrapbook101.com.



Guess what I used to make the beautiful backgrounds on these two cards? Cocktail napkins! I show in the new video how to take any size napkin and easily attach it to cardstock for backgrounds or other parts of our handmade cards. No ironing or glue involved! And I also share the newest dies from Dies...to Die For which include the Slimline Wood Frame Die Set with three frames and a bunch of sentiment dies including the two on these cards. This month DTDF also released an A2 Envelope Maker Die and most of the cards in the new video have matching envelopes whether slimline or A2 sized. 


The June release at Dies...to Die For is full of all sorts of flower sets and on these two cards I feature the Hydrangeas as well as the "hello" and the small square frame from the new Slimline Wooden Frame Die Set. I made a mini shaker and show how to do that in the new video here. This is the A2 version I made in the video:


The pretty background paper on this and all the cards in the new video was made with napkins in my MINC mini as I show. I even show a little mistake on the one I demo where I forgot to "skin" the napkin before running it through the MINC with cling wrap and cardstock. But I did it right on all the rest of the  many cards I share:) I also show how easy it is to make textured layered hydrangeas with one of the many new floral die sets here. I also show how easy it is to make A2 envelopes with the new A2 Envelope Die Set.

I had so much fun making both slimline and A2 cards for this new video that I made a bunch and you can see them all here in the new video.

I am entering the second card in the Masculine challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday.

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful napkin cards.