Monday, June 28, 2021

Salad Spinner Series - Black Backgrounds With Sparkle and Shine


Oh my gosh - I am having so much fun with making cards with my salad spinner! I tried using Lindy's Magicals Watercolor Powders and Ken Oliver's Liquid Metals on black watercolor paper and was thrilled with the results as I share in my newest video here. Just look at the shine and sparkle in the background of this card: 


If you like making galaxy backgrounds, or struggle with them like I do, this technique is for you! Lindy's Magicals create a subtle start of sparkle and then the Liquid Metals from Ken Oliver add the brighter shine. IRL they are even more gorgeous! I added a die cut duck scene from Gina Marie Designs and a birthday wish with a sentiment strip from Simon Says Stamp and "birthday" die from Sizzix.


This is the card I show how to make in the new video here. It is so easy to simply sprinkle on the Lindy's Magicals watercolor powders, add some Liquid Metals and spin it in the salad spinner after spritzing it with water. Each time you do it, the result is different but all are pretty! I die cut "You Shine" from Simon Says Stamp right out of the colored background, raised it on black fun foam and put it back in the die cut hole for the eclipse look. The stars are dies from Crealies. 

Here is another fun way to use these awesome backgrounds- create a shaker with the sparkly colorful black behind it. The stitched frame is from Kat Scrappiness and the sentiment is a Karen Burniston die. 

To see how fun it is to spin sparkly colors onto black watercolor paper backgrounds, watch the new video here. Or if you want to use white watercolor paper, watch the first in this series here. 

1 comment:

Karenladd said...

These salad spinner backgrounds are fabulous! So many techniques and not enough time...sigh.