Monday, February 21, 2022

Pop Up Collage Cards With Hearts, Butterflies and Balloons- What's Popping Up Next?


I had great fun creating pop up collage cards with the new Heart Collage Pop Up Die from Karen Burniston and her add-ons for my newest video here. The original die includes many hearts that pop up on the pop up arm apparatus and there are add dies with butterflies and balloons in the newest release too. I show cards made with all those in different sizes in the video, and then I decided I wanted to make a kids card with something different popping up. 


How about fish?? As I show in the video, I die cut a bunch of little fish from Poppystamps and Impression Obsession and made this mini-slimline card:




The super cute perfect sentiments are from a Poppystamps set of stamps called Whittle Sea Life Sentiments. The stitched oval die and the mini-slimline envelope die are from Kat Scrappiness, and the shark was cut with another Karen Burniston die.

Still pictures just don't do these cards justice because it is in the opening and popping that all the fun is. Of course you can see that on all 4 cards I share in the new video, but here is a mini video of the card I made in the video as I open the card:



Note to those of you who subscribe to my blog and get this in your email - Not sure why, but videos in my blogposts do not show up in the Follow.It newsletter, so to see this mini-video of the pop up collage, click on the title of this blogpost and visit my blog directly.

Here is another mini-slimline card I made for the new video with another matching mini-slimline envelope from Kat Scrappiness:


On the front I transferred on some Dress My Craft Vintage Butterflies and added a perfect sentiment die cut with a die from Quietfire Design. But, of course, the real magic happens when the card is opened: 



The butterflies flutter and pop up as the card is opened. I wanted most of the butterflies to have navy body piece with antenna, and some of them were cut with an older Memory Box die.  To see that action and all the collage pop up cards, be sure to watch the new video here.

No comments: