Monday, February 28, 2022

Easy Stencil Cards With Pinpoint Texture


What favorite cardmaking supplies do you reach for over and over when making cards? My current favorites are stencils and pinpoint or debossing dies, and in my most recent video I am featuring them on all the cards I share and make in the video. 


Isn't the combination of the stenciled ARTplorations Bold Rose over the Memory Box Pinpoint Daisy background die just gorgeous on this card? The stencil is one of many slimline stencils I feature in the video, but as you can see the card does not have to be a slimline one to use this or any stencil from ARTplorations (a division of STAMPlorations.) I have a subscription where I receive 3 brand new slimline stencils quarterly for only $18! You can choose to get yours monthly, bi-monthly or quarterly for that bargain of a price and can choose the ones you want or get brand new ones not even on the website yet! The sentiment is a clear sticker from STAMPlorations.


This is the card I make in the new video. It is a mini-slimline with a fun pop up surprise on the inside. I started with the same pinpoint background die from Memory Box and added Cosmic Shimmer Tantalizing Teal Lustre Polish through ARTplorations Mandala Accent #1 stencil. When it was dry, I layered on a piece of teal cardstock on a peach mini-slimline cardbase and added a Simon Says Stamp sentiment strip. I also created a mini-slimline envelope using a die from Kat Scrappiness. But the real fun happens when the card is opened:


I show how to stencil ink over the Kat Scrappiness pinpoint Stitched Hearts Background die before diecutting out the word LOVE and putting them back in for the eclipse look. The letter dies are Hannah's Alphabet from Dies...To Die For. Here is another view of the inside showing the signature piece on the right side:


As promised in the new video, I am posting pictures of the template I shared here on my blog. However to see how to use this template and how to put the card together, I suggest you watch the new video here. On my template I show two different sizes of the card itself and the W Fold Piece if you have 12 x12 cardstock or if you don't. 






I hope you will watch the video and give some of these ideas and products a try!

I am entering the first card in the Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday.

No comments: