Monday, March 7, 2022

How To Make Cascading Cards The Easy Way!


Fancy fun fold dies can make fantastic cards like these so easy but are often too expensive for my budget. I am tempted to buy them because the cards they make are so beautiful but the price tag of $40 or $50 is just too much. I have tried to make cascading or zig zag cards like these in the past without a fancy die, but that was a lot of work! I was thrilled to find the Creative Craft Products Step on Up 2 Zig Zag Stepper Die Set at Paper Wishes for only $22.99, and I made these cascading cards and more so easily for my newest video here. 


I show how easy it is to make a floral cascading card like this one in the new video. The gorgeous flowers are made with Blossoms and Berries washi tape and matching dies from Pinkfresh Studios. The foliage dies are from Gina K Designs and the sentiment die is from Sue Wilson and Creative Expressions. Here is another view of this card:



I love how this cascading zig zag card turned out with the beautiful New Horizons dp from Stampin' Up, bird silhouette dies from Sizzix and Impression Obsession and more lovely sentiment dies from Sue Wilson and Creative Expressions. The sentiments are raised on acetate strips. Here are a couple more views of this card:



On the back I have attached a Wonky Wavy Stitched Rectangle from Kat Scrappiness to write my message on and another bird. 

I hope you will watch the video here to see more cascading cards and how easy they are to make with this die set. And I hope you have time this week to be creative and then send out your handmade cards into the world to spread the joy!

I am entering the first card in the Use A Die Cut at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday. 

No comments: