Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Christmas In July With My New Spellbinders Glimmer Machine

I resisted getting a hot foil system for years but after I started accumulating press plates and realized every one of them can also be foiled, I gave myself an early Christmas present and bought the Glimmer machine when  it was on sale at Spellbinders. 

ALERT - Spellbinders is running another great sale right now with up to 40% off many many BetterPress plates and supplies!


Here is one of the cards I share in my new video here. I foiled both of the Day and Night Pines Press Plates from the new Home For the Holidays collection at Spellbinders with a sparkly gold foil. The 3rd set of strips were run through my BettterPress with gold ink and I hot foiled the sentiment from a new set called Sending Joy Sentiments that includes matching dies. I saw this cool woven strips sketch on a Facebook group but there were no instructions. I made my strips 1/2 inch wide and also placed them 1/2 inch apart so it was not too hard to do. 

I am a newbie at hot foiling as I just got my Glimmer machine last week. But I watched some videos from Spellbinders and others and have found it to be not hard at all. Here is another card I shared in the new video:


I foiled on vellum with a speckled silver hot foil in my Glimmer machine before cutting it with Spellbinders Essential Arches with a silver frame too. I brushed on soft inks on the back and added a hot foiled silver Sending Joy sentiment. 

I love the foiled cards with these new Spellbinders press plates as well as the BetterPress cards so I had great fun making these lovely cards for my Christmas card stash. 

No comments: