Friday, July 12, 2024

First Card with My New Spellbinders Glimmer System


I tried a friend's hot foil system (not Spellbinders) a few years back with hot foil dies (or stamps) and had so much difficulty getting good images I swore I would never hot foil. But I now have quite a collection of press plates that work beautifully in my Spellbinders BetterPress and they all also can be hot foiled. Double the looks at no more expense? I was sorely tempted and a recent sale at Spellbinders was so good I gave myself an early Christmas present of the Spellbinders Glimmer Machine. 

In the Glimmer Machine box along with the machine and other equipment were two rolls of foil and a two Glimmer Plates. I love Rainbow Foil so I made my first hot foil impression and card with that roll and those two glimmer plates. I watched a bunch of videos from Yana and Jennifer McGuire and right from the start had good success. A little over-foiling can be brushed away with a stiff brush or erased with a sand eraser. I emphasized the "hello" with a Spellbinders/Simon Hurley layered die and cut the center out and raised it on a square card. 

I am hooked and you will see many more hot foiled cards with press plates here and on my YouTube channel soon.

No comments: