Monday, July 15, 2024

Joyful Press Plate Play Multiple Ways


Did you know every Spellbinders Press Plate (as well as those from other companies) can be used in at least three different ways on our cards and projects?! I played with the new Home for the Holidays press plates from Spellbinders and created many cards for my newest video here. I am featuring the new Day and Night Pines Press Plates and the Sending Joy sentiments. On the card above I created the background with one of the Pines press plates and no ink- so just letter pressed for an embossed look. The center strip shows the 2nd way to use our press plates- add ink and run through the BetterPress machine and I did both the strip and the sentiment with gold ink. 


This card shows the difference between the two pines plates very well- I did both with a green ink and cut out the holly with Spellbinders Stitched Poinsettia and Holly dies. I raised the top piece with adhesive strips and the pattern flows from the front to the darker green pattern below. 


This is the card I show how to make step by step in the new video. I show how I adding Lisa Horton's Cloud 9 Charcoal Gold Shimmer Interference ink on the Pines press plate and also how I hot foiled the sentiment before cutting it out. (Watch the video or check back on Wednesday to see more hot foiled cards- one more way to use the Spellbinders Press Plates!) 

The fun fold I taught is called the 4 Piece Puzzle Slider Card and I learned how to do it from  Suestampfield. The front pieces show the pines pattern continuing across the 4 pieces and here is a template I made to share if you want to make the card:


I now have a good start on my stash of Christmas cards so I will not be in a rush in December to make them. I hope my cards encourage you to give some of the products and ideas a try and you can get ahead on your holiday cards and spread joy too. 

No comments: