Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Spellbinder's Nature's Botanical Gardens Blackout Technique Without Black



My favorite technique right now is the blackout technique with the debossed side of 3D embossing folder card fronts inked and then the background is swiped with a black ink pad. I decided to play with different colors for the background and this one was created with a bluish purple ink from Altenew. The gorgeous 3D embossing folder I am featuring on all my cards is the Nature's Botanical Gardens Wreath 3D Embossing Folder that is part of the new Nature's Botanical Garden Collection from Susan Tierney-Cockburn. 

 I often struggle with color choices and a friend who is a fantastic artist and crafter recommended The Color Cube by Sarah Ranae Clark. I got a huge box full of color combos and I picked this one to get colors that look good with the Altenew ink background:


I added some orange flowers cut with the new Forsythia die set also from the Nature's Botanical Gardens release, and I completed the card with some gems and a gold foiled sentiment from Pinkfresh Studios. 


I tried a dark green background on this one and once again added Spellbinders flowers, gems and a gold foiled sentiment. The Color Cube system is available now at Spellbinders, and here is the Color Cube card I used for my color inspiration:



I chose a gold background for this one and used the new Spellbinders Hydrangea die set to add some dimensional flowers on part of the wreath. 

No comments: