Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Stenciled Slimline Halloween and Fall Cards From My Newest Video


It's time to start making our fall and Halloween cards and I created this tri-window shaker card with a 6 x 9 branches stencil from A Colorful Life Designs and a slimline die from Whimsy Stamps for my newest video here. I stenciled with black ink on a piece of kraft cardstock and then cut the die, placing the cut out stitched shapes back inside each of the three openings. I added acetate to the center window and used a fun "Going Batty" mix from Kat Scrappiness for shaker elements. The Halloween dies are from Impression Obsession, Karen Burniston and Tonic Studios. 



Another fun technique to do with 6 x 9 stencils from A Colorful Life Designs is to apply Therm O Web Transfer Gel Duo through a fun stencil and when it has dried, apply foil and run the piece through either a die cutting machine or laminator. The Duo Gel does not need heat to attach the foil! I used scraps of orange, red and gold foil then die cut and punched out many leaves for this fall themed card. "Blessings" was cut with a die from Tonic Studios and the layered stitched slimline dies are from Kat Scrappiness and Pink Fresh Studios. I think the stitching makes the layers so much more interesting and note even the vellum for the strip of leaves is stitched. 

I had so much fun creating stenciled slimline cards for my newest video, I didn't stop until I had eight unique cards, so be sure to watch the video here and come back Thursday for three more new cards.

I am entering the first cute spooky card in the Oh So Cute! challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday.

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful slimline cards.