Monday, August 10, 2020

Video - How To Make Slimline Cards with Surprise Pop-Ups Inside

I love to make interactive pop up cards especially with pop up dies from Karen Burniston! And my favorite style of cards right now is slimline, so I decided to combine those two ideas in all the cards I am sharing in my newest video.

I am starting to make my fall and Halloween cards and this is the front of the slimline card that is like the one I demo in the video featuring the brand new Pop n' Swap Die from Karen Burniston. To really see the movement when the card is opened, you are going to want to watch the video. But here is a couple still pictures showing the fun inside of this card: 



The ghost slides under and the Boo piece pops out! As I show in the video, the new Pop n Swap die is so easy to use to create this fun peek a boo look! Here is another card I made with this fun new die set from Karen Burniston:

I started with a 4 x 9 slimline card and cut off the top of the card front just like I did in the other card. The sign says: "there's GNOME one like you" and is a stamp from Lawn Fawn. The cloud stencil is from A Colorful Life Designs and the Lil' Gnome and mushroom stencil are from Simon Says Stamp. But as always with cards created with Karen Burniston's pop up dies, the real magic happens when the card is opened: 


The cute gnome (also a die from Karen Burniston) pops out of the bottom as the top hides behind the center piece. The sentiment die is from Sue Wilson. 

To see many more cards created with dies from the new Karen Burniston release, watch the new video here.

I am entering the first card in the Favorite Tools challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday. My favorite tool is my Vagabond die cutting machine. 

No comments: