Monday, August 24, 2020

Video - Eight Unique Ways to Use Stencils on Slimline Cards

I love to create slimline cards and I also love using stencils on my cards and in my newest video, I combine those two loves and show many stenciled slimline cards I created. All of the cards in the video feature 6 x 9 stencils from A Colorful Life Designs as they are a perfect size for slimline cards and there is a huge selection to choose from. 


In the video, I show how I made this slimline bridge card with a floating sentiment. I was inspired by a card I saw on Facebook but don't have a link or a tutorial to link to here to credit it. I was able to figure out easily how to make the card as I show in the video. All the dandelion dies shown are part of a beautiful set of dies from Dies....To Die For. The sentiment was attached to acetate which stretches across the bridge so the words appear to be floating in air. The double stenciling on the back of the card was created with a stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called Flowing Drops.

This stenciled slimline card is perfect for a teen with its bright colors and iphone die (also from Dies...To Die For.) One of my favorite techniques with stencils currently is Rina K's reverse stencil technique and I used bright inks and a stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called Texture to create this card. The stitched slimline die is from Kat Scrappiness. 

This is another of my favorites from the eight stenciled slimline cards I created for this video. The Swirl Grid stencil from A Colorful Life Designs was lightly brushed across the card front and also on the large fern die from Bright Rosa. That same die set cuts the fern shaped border on the side. 

I added some stenciled leaves and a beautiful sentiment die cut with a new "Beautiful Day" die from The Greetery on the inside of the card.

I had so much fun creating stenciled slimline cards with new 6 x 9 stencils from A Colorful Life Designs for this video I didn't stop until I had eight new cards! I show them all in the new video here and hope you will click to visit my YouTube channel and watch the new video there.

No comments: