Thursday, August 27, 2020

Three More Stenciled Slimline Cards From My Newest Video


Another fun and easy stencil idea that I share in this card for my newest video is to double stencil. I created the balloon with a stencil from My Favorite Things and then stenciled the fun Boho Glam pattern with a 6  x 9 stencil from A Colorful Life Designs. As I have been sharing all week, the 6 x 9 stencils are a perfect size to use with slimline cards because they are big enough for the card front without trying to continue the pattern by moving and lining up the stencil again. But of course they are also perfect for a smaller area such as in the balloon stencil with a darker peach ink on this card. I repeated that idea on the inside of the card: 


Most of the sentiment dies on the front and inside of this card are from Karen Burniston. The happy "balloon string" on the front is from Poppystamps and the balloons on the inside were cut with a die from Die-namics. 



I am loving the new Iridescent Mirror Card from Tonic Studios because of the gorgeous rainbow of color it creates in light! I stenciled black Staz-on ink through a stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called 50 Shades and die cut the card front with a slimline die from Gina Marie Designs. Hello is a die from Tonic Studios and "beautiful" was cut with a new die from The Greetery. I also created this slimline easel card with 4 shades of Iridescent Mirror Card from Tonic Studios:


Another technique you can do with stencils is to emboss with them as I did on this card front after attaching the 4 colors of iridescent mirror card together and cutting the piece with slimline border dies from Pinkfresh Studios. Thank You is a die from Karen Burniston and the stamped sentiment on the popped up strip holding the easel up is from Repeat Impressions. 

I had so much fun creating the eight stenciled slimline cards I share in the new video and hope my cards have inspired you to try some yourself! 

I am entering the 2nd card in the Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday.